Saturday 11 June 2011

Hey guys!

I'm back! Yes!

*looks around*

*sighs*

good to be home!

*topples*

*falls down*

Argh my head is still spinning from all the alcohol I drank today.

@MASTER DEREK: I ORDERED IRISH CREAM, BUT MY BROTHER TOOK IT :( oh well.

I'm on the blog after much argument with my dad, and my eyes are a little sore from crying, but I'll be fine.

Okay! *rubs hands* down to business! I'll be telling you what I've been up to the past three days... which reminds me... I'm still on the floor.*gets up*

1st day!

We got onto the boat at about.... 8 am, Singapore time. The journey there took about 1hour. Arrival at Bintan, Indonesia, 8 am Bintan time. Yes, Bintan is one hour behind Singapore. We checked in, hung around for about 15 minutes, then we got on to the bus, blah blah blah, hung around for 10 more minutes, then we went to the hotel.

The hotel we stayed at is called the Nirwana Gardens. It's really big, and it includes the following services:
  1. Archery
  2. Air rifle (I own my family at this one)
  3. Flying fox
  4. Elephant ride
  5. Horseback ride
  6. Go-kart.... I think.
  7. Table tennis
  8. Kayaking (which is basically like canoeing)
  9. Snorkelling
  10. Jet-skiing
  11. Uh...swimming? Yeah, it's a pool.
  12. A mini-zoo. It includes the cassowary, the changeable hawk eagle, the himalayan somethng vultures, quite a few cocatoos  (?) and parrots, alligators, boa constrictors, deers, alligator gar (1 only) and... fish. yup.
  13. a coffee shop for breakfast lunch and dinner! (Outside the shop, there is an exhibit for...iguanas!!!!!!!!!)
  14. a Kelong restaurant (basically a restaurant out at sea...maybe not so far out.)
  15. a japanese restaurant
Okay. Yeah, basically, three days wasn't enough for me to explore and analyse the hotel enough.
Back to the narrative!
On the first day we waited for about an hour before our room was vacant. Anyway, after we put down our bags, we went to the recreational centre for lunch, then archery, air rifle, horseback riding, elephant riding and the flying fox. We rested in our room awhile, then set off again for kayaking. In the end, we ended up paddling in the water and our boats were on the beach. After we towelled off in our hotel room, we changed into our swim suits and swam in the hotel pool. Then, dinner at the Kelong restaurant, and lights off for the night.

2nd day!
Okay, first thing I did was ask, "Where am I?" and my dad was laughing. Anyway, we quickly got changed and went for the routine all over again, except that my mom went to a market called pasar(which means market in indonesian) oleh-oleh(which means souvenier in malay, as far as I'm concerned.) But instead of kayaking, we went body-boarding, which is like surfing with your torso. We ended up paddling too far from the lane, so we returned the body-boards and went snorkelling on our own. We found lots of sand dollars, and a colony of hermit crabs. XD.

3rd day!
I found a cool bath robe in the closet so I put it on, and my younger brother said I looked like a mage :P Anyway my mother and I went for a Balinese traditional massage, so I feel relaxed now. Then, we ate lunch at the kelong restaurant. We drove to the ferry terminal and waited for.. a long time before boarding the ferry. Then it was I'll-kiss-you-goodbye-dear-Bintan-but-I'll-be-back-don't-you-worry moment.

XD trololol.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs Tessa* Hope you're feeling better now.

    Your trip sounds fun! Swanky hotel, dang.

    ReplyDelete